Thread: help closing screen capture app

Question help closing screen capture app

Whenever I try to open a DE file on my laptop (using Google Chrome on Windows 7), I get an error message from Locklizard that says:

"Please close your screen capture application and press OK to continue.
    (onenotem.exe -OneNoteQuick Launcher)

I know what OneNote is and I use it frequently (I've never used screen capture, however). What I can't figure out is how to disable screen capture so I can use Locklizard. Right clicking the icon and closing it didn't help.
    Diane

Hello Diane,

The update to LockLizard made it able to detect that Onenote is open in the background. Here's what we can do to close it:

1. Look for the onenote icon on your taskbar in the bottom right next to your system clock. It will look like a little notebook with a purple "N." You may need to click the tiny white icon that will show more icons. If you have that OneNote icon there, you can right-click it and choose the "Close" or "Quit" option. You should now be able to open your files
    2. If you do not have that icon on your taskbar, right-click on the empty space on that taskbar. This will bring up a menu. Select "Start task manager" from the menu.
    3. The task manager window will appear and you will see several tabs across the top (Applications, Processes, Performance, etc.). Select the Processes tab. Then in that same window, click the "Image Name" bar that is underneath the tabs. This will sort that list of processes you see alphabetically by their name. Also make sure that the option at the bottom of that window to "Show processes from all users" is checked.
    4. Scroll down and find the onenotem.exe process. Click on it and then click the "End Process" button. Once you've closed that process, you should be able to access your files in LockLizard.

If you have any other questions please let me know and I will do my best to help you! Have a great day!