Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: List of which weeks books are used

I thought there was a list that told which weeks the different books were actually used. I looked on the Resource List but it only states how many weeks they are used.

If you know of such a list, I would apprecaite you sharing the link with me. I am doing UG this year.

Thanks,
    Julia

The Resource list does include a list of which weeks books are used in. You need to be logged in and may have to check the "old phone orders" button so the computer knows that you bought the year plan.

This has been something I have always wanted- a SIMPLE and concise list of what books are used for which subject on what weeks!

The Resource List on the website is much better than it used to be. The website is impressive in so many ways- but sometimes simple is better! I have ended up making these up myself. And since the actual lists are copywrited I can't send you a copy. :-( But each unit I go through and type up my list. It is annoying- but at least next time through it will all be done for me (except for the oldest kids books).

Have a great school year!

I own the year but did not buy it directly from Lampstand. If I call the 1-800 number, can I tell them this and get access to the info?

From SomeSarah's response, it sounds like the Resource List subscriber info won't have what I am looking for anyway. I guess I had better get typing it up myself.

I just hate reinventing the wheel, so to speak.

Now the resource list isn't even available. Bookshelf Central doesn't include alternates, does it?

No, Bookshelf dosen't include the alternates, but the Resource list is being worked on, and should come back soon. (I heard March sometime)

Oh, that would be great! Maybe I'll hold off on doing it myself.

President, Lampstand Press
    Ladies,

Let me just give you a brief window into our world on this question. There are over 800 titles for four learning levels across 16 units for six different disciplines. These books sometimes bridge units (or year-plans) and sometimes don't, and the list is fluid. Some books start on the primary (page 4) list and then go out of print (OOP). If we REALLY like the OOP book, we'll shift it to the "Alternates" page (page 5) in the updated pages, which changes THAT list. Sometimes, we won't, though, so the book drops off all of our lists, but we archive the pages in the Tapestry curriculum that were effected by that change so that you, who might still own and want to use the books, can both update your curriculum *and* access bygone resources via our Book Updates Chart (BUC) archive pages.

Imagine if you will the challenge of keeping current on a database with all these factors and all these changes constantly occurring. Now, multiply those difficulties times 2, because you add in the complexity of people looking at two different editions of Tapestry: the aging printed version that they have and the newly updated digital version. It's SO easy (for especially newcomers) to get confused, and it is absolutely impossible for us to program a live resource list that covers the changes in real time AND keeps outdated information handy. (Hence, again, our archived pages on the BUC.)

NOW: Multiply these difficulties times 2 again, because we have many customers who shop at Bookshelf Central (BC). They go from our printed or digital lists to BC expecting to find the books listed. BUT, again, the list is fluid. Books go OOP, etc. The BC folks are the most up to date: they are working in real time with real books. They know first when a book is gone OOP from the publisher, and they begin to search out new book replacements as soon as they get that word. They then publish these new replacement titles on our BUC. Nevertheless, we get many complaints that customers see a book title printed in their plan that is not listed on BC, and immediately question whether BC is accurate without checking (or even knowing about) the BUC.

These are the challenges that result from trying to supply 1) a whole-book curriculum and 2) keep it up to date so that your one investment in TOG stays current throughout your homeschooling y-ears. We are committed to both of these goals, but there have always been difficulties delivering on them. And, as far as we know, no one else is tackling this challenge as fully and consistently as we are.

Being aware of these challenges, here are things you can count on to guide you as you make book purchases:

1. Bookshelf Central (BC) always has the MOST up-to-date list. Their site is searchable and gives you ALL the information you need EXCEPT the one feature you're discussing here: the actual weeks used. BC does this for copyright reasons. Much of the value of TOG is found in the book list, and we simply can't list that for free. On the BC site, you can see books as a simple list of titles, authors, and prices (ordering view), or you can see detailed descriptions, number of weeks used, number of pages, a cover, etc. (catalog view). You can sort by learning level, by discipline, by unit, etc. We've worked with BC to give you the most flexible and complete look possible at the books we currently recommend.

2. The Tapestry Book Updates Chart (BUC), which you can access from each year-plan home page, stores both old pages from books that you might already own that have gone OOP and offers new, free updated pages for the replacement titles that we list there. Please ALWAYS go there first when you find discrepancies between what you have in your current copy (printed or digital) for TOG and your searches at either BC or our Resource Lists.

ALL THAT SAID: We REALLY have worked hard on this problem, and have yet to see a clear solution.

THANKS in advance for your continued patience and your prayer support.
    Last edited by Marcia; 08-02-2012 at 11:05 AM.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

No one can do me a greater kindness in this world than to pray for me.
    --Charles Spurgeon

Thank you for the response, Marcia! I certainly appreciate the difficulties involved. Guess I will be maintaining my own lists as well. It's still simpler than starting from scratch.

President, Lampstand Press
    MovingMomma

We ARE working on them. And we're getting close. But, we really can use prayer for the programmers, 'cause it's quite a jungle in there...
    Blessings,
    Marcia

No one can do me a greater kindness in this world than to pray for me.
    --Charles Spurgeon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast