Thread: Liberty's Kids on Netflix

We are finishing up Year 2 and studying the Revolutionary War right now. I found "Liberty's Kids" on Netflix and downloaded it. (We have a PS3 and are able to do instant download.)

There are 40 episodes,each about 20 minutes, all related to that time period. We have watched 4 so far, of events we have already covered, and my children have really enjoyed it. We talked about some of the inaccuracies we noticed and which characters are real and which are fiction. If you like movies to reinforce the lessons, check it out.

Beth
    Homeschool Parents to:
    Kaitlyn (10)
    Brynalise (9)
    Caleb (6)
    Ian (4)

we love this series as well!! We are finishing yr 3 and the kids will still go back and enjoy watching them even though we are passed that time period. I bought the whole series off Amazon.
    Dd Georgia 9, Ds Henry 7, Ds Oliver 5, Ds Grant 3

Beth,

Thanks for the info. My kiddos love the Liberty's Kids video game. I never thought to look for the show on Netflix. We have a set-up similar to yours (PS3 and Netflix subscription), so I'm going to try downloading the shows now.

-Carol

Carol,

I didn't know there was a video game. Is it for PS3? We were just given the PS3 and have only two games for it. What ages is it best for?

Beth
    Homeschool Parents to:
    Kaitlyn (10)
    Brynalise (9)
    Caleb (6)
    Ian (4)

Beth,

My children sometimes play it on the PC at a friend's house. I think it's only available in PC/Mac version, though I haven't checked thoroughly to see if they have it for PS3. Amazon sells the PC/Mac version for $12.99.

Our kids enjoy playing some PS3 games over the internet with their friends (i.e. Little Big Planet). If your children do that, too, and want some more friends to play with, please let me know. You can email me at carathbun@yahoo.com.

-Carol

Oh, I'm sorry I forgot to answer your question. I would think elementary age children would enjoy the game best.

-Carol

Thanks Carol! I will look for it. We haven't done anything online other than Netflix with the PS3. I don't even know how to use most of its features! The boys love Lego Indiana Jones which is the only game they really play on it. I am sure as they get older they will want to venture out and do more.

Beth
    Homeschool Parents to:
    Kaitlyn (10)
    Brynalise (9)
    Caleb (6)
    Ian (4)

Beth,

You might already know this, but in case you don't...One of the nice features of the PS3 is that it "up-converts" DVD's to high definition-like quality. The picture quality for some movies is incredible! I LOVE watching Jane Austen movies on the PS3. Even the quality of the movie Up! is incredible (better than at the movie theater).

The Legos Indiana Jones game was a favorite of my kids for a while, too. Another was the Legos Star Wars.

Enjoy your PS3!

-Carol

We bought the boxed dvd set last year from Amazon. It is available for $47.97. We finished Y3 last year and my children ages 7 - 15 loved watching the series and remembering resources where we had just studied all these events. We waited till we finished our studies to begin watching the series. We are just finishing Y4 and they watched some of it again last week. They never get tired of it. Highly recommended!

Oh wonderful! Thank you for that info. Beth. I just found the series at my library and I think it will be a nice reinforcement for my daughter.