Year 2 Errata: Evaluations
Unit 1 Exam:
- Dialectic Evaluations teacher key for week 20
- Lower Grammar Evaluations Student T/F Quiz for week 25 (some discs have the wrong quiz for this week)
- Upper Grammar Evaluations Student Matching Quiz for week 26 (some discs have the wrong quiz for this week)
Year 2 Errata: Government
- "On Secular Authority" (some discs have an incomplete document)
Year 2 General Errata: 2nd printing
- Correction togeography background information in Teacher's Notes
- p. 4 Reading Assignment Chart, Rhetoric Worldview from World Religions should be p. 160-177.
- Correction to page 40, #5. The reference has been changed from Frameworks to Poetics.
- References to Henry IV in number 2 in the Dialectic Discussion Outline should instead refer to Philip IV.
- Correction to rhetoric Literature on theReading Assignment Chart
- Correction to page 40. Rewrote and clarified the answer to the third main bullet.
- Correction to orange box on page 33
- Some people had a set of Week 9 Student Activity Pages instead of Week 10.
- The reading assignment (on p. 5) for Heritage of Freedom should be p. 15-17 instead of p. 13-15.
- The alternate assignment from Rats, Bulls, and Flying Machines should be to read Chapter 15.
- Correction to layout of dialectic and rhetoric on pages 15-22 (correction for reproducible Student Activity Pages only)
- Page 54 incorrectly states that Samuel Adams defended the redcoats who participated in the Boston Massacre; it was in fact his second cousin, John Adams.
Year 2 General Errata: 1st printing
Those items marked are correct on the most recent download on the download page.
For replacement information and necessary pages to print for out-of-print books, see the Book Updates link on the left.
|Week||Lower Grammar||Upper Grammar||Dialectic||Rhetoric||Other|
|Unit 1 Intro||Rhetoric Literature Loom Assignment Chart for the entire year|
|1||p. 13, Fine Arts and Activities, 2nd bullet states that students will learn what archi-pelagoes are, but they actually don't until in the upper grammar level.||p. 25 Map labels: the Sahara is not an island; it only should be listed under "Deserts"
p. 45 Teacher's Notes, under the question "Which group of Goths urgently sought entry into the Roman Empire...?" The last sentence should read "This produced tension between the Goths and the Romans as the former sought to settle down within the empire."
|p. 25 Map labels: the Sahara is not an island; it only should be listed under "Deserts"|
|Correction to geography background information in Teacher's Notes|
|2||Week 2: pages 3-4 (The Story of the Middle Ages assignment corrected)
p. 8 Writing Assignment for Level 4, for the topic "Compare your church's view of baptism with the Byzantines' view"... the suggested Writing Aids supplement should be a Venn Diagram.
|p. 4 Reading Assignment Chart, Rhetoric Literature points to p. 23-24 for the assignment; however, the assignment can be found on p. 22.|
|3||p. 4 Reading Assignment Chart, Rhetoric Literature, the assignment should be p. 1769-1771, 1782-1793||p. 4 Reading Assignment Chart, Rhetoric Worldview from World Religions should be p. 160-177.|
|6||Week 6: pages 5-6 (The Story of the Middle Ages assignment corrected)
p. 8-9 Writing Assignments, Levels 4-8 should say to look over rough drafts from weeks 4 and 5.
|7||p. 16 Geography, #3 says to use an outline map of eastern Asia. However, the outline map should be of the Middle East and central Asia||p. 19 Geography, #3 says to use an outline map of eastern Asia. However, the outline map should be of the Middle East and central Asia|
|9||On the Alternates page of the Reading Assignment Chart (p. 5, the video, Henry V, is suggested. Please remove this suggestion and include it only in week 17 for rhetoric students.|
|10||Updated Writing Assignment Level 8|
|Unit 2 Intro||Missing a section entitled "How We Think about Classical Nudity|
|12||The Teacher's Notes have an incorrect explanation of "archetype" for the literature worksheet.|
|13||The UG Arts/Activities assignment from Art for Kids: Drawing should be chapter 2.||Week 13: pages 39-40 (answer to D literature worksheet on By Right of Conquest corrected)|
|14||The UG Arts/Activities assignment from Art for Kids: Drawing should be chapter 3.|
|15||The UG Arts/Activities assignment from Art for Kids: Drawing should be chapter 4.|
|16||Week 16: pages 47-48 (Much Ado chart correction)|
|Unit 3 Intro|
|20||Dialectic Evaluations teacher key for week 20|
|22||Week 22: pages 13-14 (Blackthorn Winter crossword corrected)|
|23||On the Alternates page of the Reading Assignment Chart (p. 5), the textbook assignment from The Story of the World should be for Volume 3.||Week 23: pages 3-4 Correction to assignment for This Country of Ours||Week 23: pages 19-20 (SAP assignment correction on p. 20)|
|24||On the Alternates page of the Reading Assignment Chart (p. 5), the textbook assignment from The Story of the World should be for Volume 3.|
|25||On the Alternates page of the Reading Assignment Chart (p. 5), the textbook assignment from The Story of the World should be for Volume 3.||The dialectic history reading assignment seems to include a section from George Washington's World. However, there is no assignment from this book this week.|
|27||Question #2 in the accountability questions (p. 19) should be worded "Numerically speaking, which one group of immigrants dominated the immigrant population by 1750?"|
|32||Week 32: page 45 (Rhetoric literature Glance corrected)|
|33||The answers to the UG literature worksheet for Boys and Girls of Colonial Days has some switched around answers.||The timeline for #1 of the literature worksheet for Johnny Tremain should be 1765 instead of 1764.||Week 33: page 49 (Rhetoric literature Glance corrected)|
|35||Number 2 on the dialectic literature worksheet should instruct the students to identify "categories" rather than "archetypes."|
|35||The dialectic primary reading assignment from This Country of Ours should be chapter LXV.|